We are a currently partner with a top American Investment Bank looking to continue growing their internal audit group. They are currently hiring across multiple capital markets/ front office verticals as they are committed to having a best-in-class audit program. This firm is know for having an employee centric culture and offering apple opportunities for internal mobility and career advancement.
In this crucial role, you will lead audit projects, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, assessing risks, and evaluating the effectiveness of internal controls. You will play a pivotal role in safeguarding the integrity of our operations, promoting best practices, and enhancing our risk management framework. The position will focus on all major asset classes, as well as the Debt Capital Markets (DCM) and Equity Capital Markets (ECM) business verticals.
Internal Audit Leadership:
- Support a comprehensive internal audit strategy that aligns with the organization's goals and objectives.
- Manage and lead a team of skilled auditors, providing guidance, support, and performance feedback on an audit by audit basis.
- Add to a culture of continuous improvement and excellence within the internal audit function.
Risk Assessment and Audit Planning:
- Identify and assess key risks associated with the bank's operations, asset classes, and DCM/ECM business verticals.
- Develop risk-based audit plans, ensuring appropriate coverage of high-risk areas and critical processes.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand business objectives and priorities, aligning audit activities accordingly.
Internal Control Evaluation:
- Conduct thorough and independent evaluations of internal controls, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements and industry standards.
- Assess the effectiveness of controls and identify control deficiencies or weaknesses, recommending appropriate remedial actions.
- Monitor the implementation of remediation plans and provide guidance to management on control enhancements.
Audit Execution and Reporting:
- Lead and conduct complex and high-profile audits across various asset classes and Investment Banking (ECM/DCM) verticals.
- Execute audit programs, perform testing, and analyze data to assess the adequacy of internal controls and identify control weaknesses or potential issues.
- Prepare clear and concise audit reports, highlighting findings, recommendations, and actionable insights for management and stakeholders.
- Relationship Management:
- Build and maintain effective relationships with senior management, business leaders, and other key stakeholders.
- Collaborate with business units, providing proactive advice on risk and control matters, promoting a strong control environment.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to management on risk management practices and internal control frameworks.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or a related field; an advanced degree or professional certification (e.g., CPA, CIA, CISA) is highly preferred.
- Extensive experience in internal audit within the financial services industry, preferably within a top-tier investment bank.
- Strong knowledge of major asset classes (equities, fixed income, derivatives, etc.), as well as Debt Capital Markets (DCM) and Equity Capital Markets (ECM) business verticals.
- In-depth understanding of relevant regulatory requirements, industry standards, and best practices.
- Proven leadership abilities, with experience managing and developing a team of auditors.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to assess complex situations and provide practical solutions.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to effectively interact with stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and manage multiple priorities effectively.
Locations: New York, NY or Dallas, Texas
Compensation: $145k - $170k on the base + 10 - 20% bonus (fully discretionary) (Pending Location)