An international bulge bracket investment bank is hiring a VP to join their front office prime brokerage risk team in NYC.
The bank provides a full equity prime brokerage offering to their hedge fund and asset management clients, including: Equity PB, FX PB, Synthetic Equities, Listed and OTC Derivative clearing, and Futures clearing.
The bank is growing the prime brokerage offering, and this hire will be instrumental in expanding current accounts as well as winning new buy side business.
This individual sits on the trade floor in a front office risk role. Risk has an open dialogue with sales, trading, credit, and clients to assist in structuring bespoke solutions for their buy side counterparts. If you're looking to leverage market/counterparty risk experience, this is a great opportunity to join an in-business risk team.
- Monitor risk and exposure across multiple client accounts
- Collaborate with sales and trading to execute multi asset financing solutions
- Assess new and existing clients margin requirements and enhance haircut methodology
- Establish and negotiate legal and margin agreements with prospective clients
- Partner with global team members and mentor juniors on the NYC team
- Represent the risk team in client pitches and risk committee meetings
- 5+ years of counterparty risk or equity market risk experience
- Prior experience in a prime brokerage risk role strongly preferred
- Familiarity with hedge fund strategies
- Strong knowledge of equity derivatives, futures and options, and/or multi asset derivatives
- Proficiency in Python, SQL, R, Excel/VBA for spot data analysis/tool building