A major International Investment Bank looking to build out their Climate Risk team here in the US. As the regulatory environment changes, the bank found that now is the best time to begin building out this team for the future, and to invest more resources into the US team.
For this opportunity, the bank is looking to bring a VP into the team. This team sits within the broader international Climate Risk team for the bank. For more clarity, this individual will be responsible for identifying Risk appetites, risk identification and stress testing all pertaining to Climate Risk. This includes speaking with other risk teams to provide climate risk expertise, developing and enhancing climate risk methodologies, and supporting the overall Climate Risk frameworks for the bank.
- Working alongside cross-functional risk teams and providing expertise in climate risk identification, assessment and management
- Engaging in the development and/or enhancement of climate specific risk methodologies to quantify climate-related exposures
- Preparing Climate Risk dashboards for internal reporting, as well as presenting to regulatory agencies
- Supporting the overall build-out of the bank's Climate Risk infrastructure, including the frameworks, policies, standards and internal controls for their US business line
- Strong internal and external communication skills; Will need to be able to speak with other internal teams as well as external regulators
- Familiarity in the Climate Risk/ESG spaces, including Physical or Transition Risk
- Knowledge of financial models in capital, allowance and stress testing