An international commodity trading house, with activities in crude oil production and refined petroleum product exportation, is currently looking to expand its European business by bringing on a Trading Operator in their Geneva office.
Role Responsibilities for Trading Operator:
- Manage the day-to-day operations for deals generated by the trading team.
- Adhere to terms stipulated by the traders to ensure accurate and efficient execution of contracts.
- Analyse voyages to evaluate claims and ensure accurate documentation is sent out.
- Maintain the position-keeping system with accurate data regarding cargoes including B/L dates, actual volumes etc.
- Handle "ad hoc" requests related to operations activities generated by trading team.
- Deal with voyage orders; vessel nominations; Letter of Credit; pro-forma invoice; vessel clearance etc.
- Appoint inspectors for Q&Q as per contractual requirements and other measures/analyses requested by traders.
- Manage communications and nurture relationships with counterparties and internal departments to ensure efficiency of operational activities.
- Fully understand how each deal is pricing and ensure pricing events are managed correctly.
- Sound understanding of volume tolerances, freight economics, demurrage savings, price exposure etc.
- Act as a mentor for the less-experienced operators with regards to optimising activities on the desk.
- Processing all transport / customs documents and related invoices for containers, railway and road.
- Clear the vessel with terminal and counterparties vetting process through Charterers.
Individual Attributes for Trading Operator:
- A minimum of 3 years' experience within the oil operations segment.
- A background im at least one of crude oil, base oils, lubricants, petrochemicals or speciality products is essential.
- Bachelor's degree, MBA or equivalent qualification.
- Sound experience of cargo documentation, bills of lading, letters of credit, voyage orders and customs fees.
- An understanding of credit recovery, procedures and compliance policy would be advantageous.
- Prior experience within an international Trading House or Oil Major is essential.
- Full understanding of deal pricing and risk exposure per cargo would be beneficial.
- Strong team working skills, positive attitude, innovative and pro-active.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite - specifically Advanced Excel.
- Fluency in English is essential. Additional language skills would be advantageous.
- Ability to influence decision-makers and traders through justified assertiveness.
- Eligibility to work in the EU is a mandatory requirement.