Job Title: Coreops Engineer/SRE
Comp: $125-150k base ; $150-220k TC
Work Model: 3 days a week in office, Manhattan NYC, must be able to commute or relocate
Summary: A leading financial firm, leveraging cutting edge technology to offer liquidity to global markets and trading solutions to their clients, is looking for a Coreops/SRE to join their team. The firm operates in a fast paced, small/tight knit global team and environment.
- Dedicated to managing the deployment, maintenance, and enhancement of an electronic trading system operating on many venues
- Operate at a high-level in a Windows/Linux environment to solve complex technical problems and work with traders and exchanges to understand the micro-market
- React quickly in time sensitive situations
- Act as the first POC for external trading connections
- Counter party support to risk management and system triage/optimization
- Minimum 3 years of experience working experience, preferably in a site reliability engineering role
- Excellent working knowledge of Windows/Linux environments
- Ability to be cool under pressure and at ease in high-stress, time-sensitive environments
- Interest in high transaction environments and/or low-latency systems.
- Strong academic record
- Technical agility; interest in innovative technologies
- Must be able to pass a codility
- Working with financial systems or knowledge of the global financial market place
- Competence in at least one programming language - preferably Python / Bash / Perl / Go or similar.
- Experience with OMS/ESM order flow
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with configuration management platforms (i.e. Ansible, Puppet or Salt)
- Knowledge of networking, both TCP and UDP