A leading international financial institution is building out their operational risk team and is looking hire an Operational Risk Management specialist within their Capital Markets division! This is a high exposure role on a small team, with very clear reporting lines. This person is going to play a key part in the bank's Operational Risk Framework and developing operational risk reports and monitoring processes. This is a very collaborative role to be in, on a team that runs lean and works very closely with the front office. The perfect candidate would have 2-4 years of experience, working in the operational risk space and high-level knowledge and understanding of derivative products. Located in New York City, this is an opportunity that you do not want to miss out on!
What You Will Find Yourself Doing:
- Providing support to and developing the bank's enterprise-wide Operational Risk Management Framework
- Developing operational risk reports and monitoring processes, including KRI production, analysis and maintenance.
- Developing policies to ensure that appropriate Enterprise Risk controls are in place
- Monitoring chances in the regulatory environment and advising on those changes
- Collaborating with the front office in order to assess business needs and develop operational risk controls
What We Need from You:
- Within 2-5 years of full time relevant work experience in an operational risk or closely related position within Capital Markets
- At least a Bachelor's in Finance, Business, or a quantitative discipline
- High level of knowledge of Operational Risk Best Practices
- High level understanding of derivatives and their key risks, especially interest rate and FX products
- Knowledge of risk management framework
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, along with high level analytical and critical thinking skills