A leading hedge fund is seeking a Systems Software Engineer to join their team in Chicago or NY. As a Systems Software Engineer, you will be leading the design and development of new large-scale distributed services. Therefore, you will have a self-starter attitude and complete ownership of the code that you are pushing out to production. If you are interested in learning more about the opportunity, apply or reach out to a Selby Jennings team member!
As a Systems Software Engineer, you will be responsible for the following:
- Taking ownership of mission-critical systems by being involved with requirement gathering and all the way to production.
- Leading the design, implementation, deployment, and maintenance of large-scale systems
- Ensuring the quality of all systems being designed and pushed into production meet a high standard
- Collaborating with other teams to solve complex problems that arise
What will make you qualified:
- Bachelor's degree or Master's Degree in Computer Science or a relevant field
- 5+ years of Python programming and professional experience working within a Unix-based operating system; C++ experience is a plus
- Prior experience of debugging, managing, and supporting infrastructure / prior SRE experience or Systems Engineering experience
- Current experience with building out large-scale systems / in-depth knowledge of system services
- Experience with CI/CD and Kubernetes
- Overall, being a deeply curious intellectual individual striving to advance their career technical and professionally.