A leading consumer bank recently wrapped up a new round of product approvals and is now seeking an SVP-level Operational Risk Manager to help them provide oversight across all new product roll-outs from an operational risk perspective. This role will be responsible for providing oversight across all new consumer products introduction as well as changes to existing products. From a scope standpoint, you will be primarily providing oversight across all lending and deposit products being offered by the bank across the P&L view of the business.
The bank is currently a top five cards issuer globally; they're ideally looking for someone with a strong product management OR Operational Risk background, who is experienced with roll outs, deposits/withdrawals, and digital channels. This is a very unique opportunity, but will play a very significant role for the consumer bank going forward. This role will be reporting directly to the Head of US Branded and Co-Branded Cards.
- Work closely with the Marketing and New Product team to ensure that all new product roll-outs are abiding by internal and external policies and standards.
- Act as a subject matter expert when it comes to the risks affiliated with the sales and servicing of credit cards, especially as it pertains to new product approvals, changes to existing products, marketing campaigns, promotions, decision science, etc.
- Provide oversight of operational risk identification, assessment, monitoring, and mitigation processes initiated by the first line of defense for each new initiative across all lending products
- Develop strong working relationships within the business scope, including the Head of US Cards, Head of Digital Platforms, Head of US Acquisitions, Legal, Technology, etc to carry out responsibilities
- Present relevant findings to senior-level governance forums such as Product Approval Committees, Business Risk & Control Committees, etc.
- Work with Product Management team to development end-to-end development of new products and direct internal groups in card marketing and portfolio management
- Lead Operational Risk procedures procedures for customer onboarding, card issuance, maintenance, etc.
- Work with portfolio management team to ensure than all operational risks are taken into account for portfolio growth activities
- 7+ years of experience working with credit cards or deposit products
- 7+ years of Cards Operational Risk experience OR Product Management experience
- Product Management experience is preferred
- Ability to influence
- Ability to work closely with senior-level decision makers and lead cross-functional teams