A top American investment bank in the NY area is looking to hire a Senior Vice President to their Risk Framework and Policies team. This team supports the bank at an Enterprise level, and will be accountable for delivering the end-to-end design, updates and reviews of the firm's risk governance framework, designing and supporting the adoption of firm-wide risk governance standards across all lines of defense, and coordinating and working with senior management and team leads to cascade firm-wide risk governance principles.
The ideal candidate will have 10+ years of experience in the Financial Services industry, proven experience in driving their own books of business and delivering against firm-wide, cross-risk initiatives, and excellent communication skills to build key relationships with internal stakeholders and clients.
- Lead end-to-end design, update and challenge the firm's risk governance framework which will require building internal relationships with internal stakeholders
- Lead framework enhancements and updates as the regulatory environment changes
- Design and support firm-wide risk governance standards across all lines of defense
- Lead and support the implementation of risk governance policies across the business
- 7+ years of experience in the financial services industry, preferably in a role that requires superior critical thinking, problem solving and excellent communication skills
- Bachelors or Advanced degree(s) with an analytical focus (e.g., finance, business administration, organizational design, etc.)
- Proven experience in driving own book of work and delivering against firm-wide, cross-risk initiatives
- Adept at building relationships with key stakeholders and influencing, negotiating and developing consensus to drive change
- Good working knowledge of regulatory expectations and industry best practices in risk governance and related areas