A global leading bank with headquarters across the US is seeking a seasoned Operational Risk professional to join the bank as a SVP, Operational Risk Manager. This resource will assume ownership for the development and execution of a Consumer Banking Operational Risk program covering consumer products and product management. The SVP, Operational Risk Manager will be an experienced Operational Risk professional possessing experience standing up risk programs in combination with detailed consumer product knowledge and an understanding of the end-to-end product lifecycle.
- Development and implementation of an enhanced Operational Risk Oversight program with a focus on the bank's consumer banking products.
- Assume ownership for the enhancement and execution of product risk assessments
- Development of controls, policies, and procedures as it pertains to new product approval
- Acting as an advisory figure for business heads and product management teams as an Operational Risk SME
- Development of relationships with key stakeholders across the bank driving and embedding an enhanced risk culture
- Review and challenge of risk identification and risk assessments initiatives conducted by first line risk managers
- Development of enhanced policies and procedures ensuring efficient risk coverage across the bank
- Development of KRI's and relevant controls across relevant LoB's
- Contribute to the continued enhancement of risk practices, strategy, and methodologies
- A crucial piece of this role is a solid understanding of full product lifecycle and challenging from a 2nd line perspective the risk coverage in the product(s).