**This role can sit in Wilmington, DE, NYC, Dallas, or Chicago**
A major bulge bracket bank is seeking a Sr. Director-level Operational Risk Manager assist senior leadership in developing and implementing a risk governance framework for the bank's Digital Banking Business. This role will report direcly to the Global Head of Consumer Operational Risk Management and you will be tasked with owning the program, and therefore being accountable for all KPIs/KRIs, team headcount, RCSA implementation, etc.. Additionally, you will coordinate with regional ORM teams for issue resolution and emerging risk identification that have global implications.
The individual who occupies this seat will be the primary consumer banking ORM interface with the US Head of Digital Consumer Banking, and will represent Consumer ORM in any global initiaitives or issues in the consumer operations LOB. Additionally, you will provide risk oversight across the bank's consumer lending products, as well as their digital channels, which include mobile banking, payments, marketing campaigns, etc.
- Work with senior-leadership to develop a governance framework for the digital banking business
- Represent consumer ORM and drive the ORM agenda at senior-level governance forums
- Ensure business adherence to operational risk policies and procedures
- Contribute to the continuous improvement to strengthen the 2nd line of defense risk oversight
- Provide governance oversight across the firm's consumer lending products, digital banking, payments, and marketing
- Work with business heads to define key risk indicators and set thresholds for review and action
- Leverage core tools such as risk identification, key risk indicators, scenario analysis, RCSAs, internal/external loss analysis, and risk reviews to provide effective oversight
- Identify trends and themes that indicate emerging risks by relying on mining trends in relevant metrics
- Take the leads in developing and implementing data mining and conceptual approaches to establish robust indicators to identify areas of exposure or potential emerging risks
- Use risk analysis to understand how losses were incurred and identify root causes
- Increase headcount on your team from 8 to 20-25 by end of 2021.
- 15+ years of experience in financial services with indepth knowledge of retail consumer products and the operations associated with those products
- In depth understanding of Operational Risk AND Credit Risk
- Digital exposure
- Strong working knowledge of digital technologies and their associated risks (cyber threats, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of US consumer products rand their related regulatory standards
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.