Main Areas of Responsibility
Enterprise Architecture & Application Landscape
- Lead the business/functional architecture design for applications in a manner consistent with the enterprise architecture framework, taking into account technology limitations with the selection of technology standards and describing configurability;
- Lead the integration design across platforms (Global/Local or Local/Local) to offer a timely integration service by collaborating with peers from the IT security team, IT operations team, COEs, and SMEs to provide a coherent architectural review.
- Works closely with the IT Operations team to maintain an evergreen IT environment by ensuring the platforms and related interface data and systems have been appropriately architected from an end-to-end viewpoint to satisfy the functional and non-functional demands of the company.
* Keep up with industry best practices, technologies, architectures, trends, and upcoming technologies, and build Proof-Of-Concepts to verify ideas.
Business acumen and partnership
* Collaborate with business relationship managers and solution leaders to understand business demands and problems in order to make business value-driven decisions;
* Promote a shared vision, practices, and capabilities across teams; Continue to expand his/her business knowledge in order to propose relevant tech solutions to the company.
Change Management & Communication
* Assess the impact of operational changes by analyzing them.
* Up-to-date contact with the impacted parties.
* Documentation of process modifications and information transfer.
* Establishing communication channels
* Creating a transformation strategy.
* Manage change requests and assess changes that are in the works.
* Determine training requirements and resources in order to achieve landscape maturity.
- Manage and assess vendors to ensure that they are always improving.
- Participate in RFx activities to find high-quality partners and technology.
Qualifications & Experience
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field is desirable.
* Scrum or Agile certifications are a bonus.
- Minimum of 8 years of IT experience, with 3-5 years of architectural exposure, design, and implementation on complex, large-scale distributed applications.
- Proven ability to think strategically about business, establish technical definitions around customer objectives in complicated situations, design solution strategies, inspire and mobilize personnel, and deliver outcomes.
- Have a solid infrastructure background with extensive experience integrating large-scale corporate business systems and solutions.
- Broad architectural knowledge that includes application, infrastructure, data, and integration. Provide technical thought leadership and a track record of comparing and contrasting alternative technologies to suit a business need and persuade key stakeholders to embrace the technology.
- Experience with systems architecture and the ability to construct or explain complex system interactions such as data flows, common interfaces, APIs, and other techniques;
- Have a thorough understanding of both conceptual and non-functional aspects of:
- Service architecture - Knowledge of API and service-based architectures for online and mobile apps using SOAP, REST APIs, micro-services, and JSON.
- For globally dispersed Digital solutions, enterprise scale distributed solutions such as MongoDB, in-memory databases, and caching solutions have been utilized.
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) - technologies like Confluence, Jira, Jenkins, Git, GitHub, Stash, SonarQube, and Performance Center
- Cloud - Salesforce, Oracle, AWS, Azure - PaaS/IaaS/SaaS
- DevOps procedures and experience - methods and delivery Strong knowledge of lean and agile software delivery methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban, Lean UX, and XP
- High-availability and disaster-recovery solutions
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and handle shifting priorities * Effective project management, communication, and stakeholder management abilities with the ability to work well with a cross-functional and geographically distributed team Keeps up with the newest technological developments.
- Creative thinker, proactive, energetic, able to work alone and as part of a team * Able to work in fast-paced and difficult situations
- Fluent in English
- Mandarin is a plus