A technology-driven quantitative-based trading firm is building out its team in Chicago by adding multiple Software Production Engineers. They are seeking Software/Systems Engineers who have an out-of-the-box mindset with developing solutions, automating processes, and developing your own proprietary trading algorithms for the team's production trading. This opportunity will advance your career as you'll be working alongside some of the brightest engineers in the industry and being able to see your impact instantaneously. If you are interested in learning more about the opportunity then don't hesitate to apply or reach out!
As a Software Production Engineer, you'll have the following qualifications and responsibilities:
- Taking ownership of mission-critical systems by developing new tools for the teams trading infrastructure and improving on the existing Python and C++ infrastructure
- Working on your own proprietary trading algorithms that will help the team's trading
- Ensuring that all production servers are updated by having an out-of-the-box mindset with debugging and designing solutions.
- Automating every single process.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or an equivalent related field
- 2+ years of Python programming and professional experience working within a Unix-based operating system
- Prior experience of debugging, managing, and supporting infrastructure.
- Knowledge of C++
- Overall, being a deeply curious intellectual individual striving to advance their career technical and professionally.