You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Manage a small team of 3-4 experienced/senior software engineers supporting a global cross asset class market data suite
- Oversee the technical direction, design and drive the implementation of the Shanghai Research and Execution platforms.
- Research Platform - Oversee the implementation of our cloud-based data pipelines and establish our research platform.
- Work closely with quantitative researchers to continuously improve the platform.
- Execution Platform - Technical ownership of the new trading system covering several financial instrument types, across different financial markets. Futures, Equities and market microstructure (matching engines, exchange gateways, order management).
- Monitor the daily production of automated trading, risk management and order flow, while providing software support to traders executing their portfolio orders.
- Work with researchers to gather market data, develop/engineer trading tactics and software tools to more effectively perform quantitative research.
- Work directly with researchers, investment professionals in Shanghai, in addition to counterparts in NY.
You should possess the following qualifications:
- A minimum of 2 years of experience managing technical teams of developers.
- A bachelor's degree in computer science or another highly technical, scientific discipline
- A minimum of 5 years of professional software development experience building production-grade distributed software systems.
- Experience with modern programming languages (Java, Python, C/C++, Rust, etc.) programming styles (OO, functional) and techniques (design/architecture patterns)
- Experience working with financial markets or cloud technologies is preferred but NOT required.
- Fluent in Mandarin Chinese and English