About the Firm:
The world's largest proprietary trading firm is looking for is seeking an experienced developer to join their Research Technology Team while collaborating closely with Quantitative Strategists and Traders to develop tools that drive the firm's success in the trading industry.
About the Role:
You will be responsible for the development and maintenance of their research platform. Your primary objective will be to build the infrastructure that empowers our traders and quants to simulate and transform their ideas into impactful trading strategies.
- Develop tools to efficiently organize, manage, and ensure the quality of large volumes of data using distributed file systems and databases.
- Optimize the performance and monitoring of our research software to maximize the efficiency of our high-performance computing (HPC) cluster.
- Improve the quality of life for our trading teams and development by promoting best development practices and staying up to date with new language features and frameworks.
- 2-7 years of professional work experience utilizing Python for development.
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or another STEM major is preferred.
- Familiarity with the Unix/Linux environment and related tools.
- Prior experience in developing algorithmic code within financial markets, trading, and/or asset management industries.