I am working with a Global Power Generation Firm that is looking to on board a skilled Short Term Trader to join their growing business unit in Chicago.
This candidate will be support the daily trading activities in US with focus markets ERCOT, NYISO, NE, SPP, PJM, MISO and CAISO in the short-term as well as identifying risks and chances in power markets by means of statistical analyses or fundamental models.
This firm is leading competitive energy provider that is committed to a carbon neutral future. Their portfolio is based on offshore and onshore wind, solar, hydro power, hydrogen, batteries, biomass, and gas. Their trading business creates customized energy solutions for their clients.
- Build and run daily trading activities.
- Identify risks and chances in power, gas, heat-rate and options markets by means of e.g. statistical analyses or fundamental models and be able to capture them
- Develop and operate short-term optimization strategies for integrated wind, solar and battery portfolio
- Develop and execute hedging and proprietary trading strategies in these markets to generate performance above benchmarks
- Experience in project work, as well as the ability to get colleagues excited about your ideas and to deliver high-quality results within the given time is a must
- In addition to a successfully completed degree in economics, engineering, business administration or nature sciences, you have gained trading experience.
- You have knowledge of commodity markets and experience in commercially optimizing generation assets.
- You are able to take commercial decisions with immediate PnL impact even under time pressure.
- Your expertise and experience in a trading and commodity environment, among others, enable you to familiarize yourself quickly with the relevant topics and issues in our group. You are highly motivated to work your way into any less familiar field.
This company pays competitively, offers comprehensive benefits, a friendly work environment and they are looking to hire immediately.