The primary function will be to produce timely and accurate market analysis tailored to the needs of the customers may include regular and ad hoc market commentaries and presentations, analysis and flash reporting when required.
Particular focus given to real time co-operation with trading teams in terms of various type of analysis as requested/agreed with traders to highlight trading opportunities.
Role Responsibilities for Senior Trading Analyst:
- Analyses of crude oil and products markets, identifying trends and providing regular assessments of on global commodity fundamentals and prices.
- Develop and maintain a flow of proactive information exchange with colleagues in the analytics team and the oil and products trading desks, providing support and analysis in real time.
- Suggest trading strategies based on timely and accurate market analysis and reports.
- Propose and discuss market analysis models with internal customers, lead their development and maintenance, make sure they are technically sound and provide consistent results.
- Define ways to improve tools to structure analysis, information provider selection, data gathering and management with the aim to optimise them in terms of quality, efficiency of results and costs.
- Write accurate and timely market analysis reports as requested by internal customers both on a regular and ad-hoc basis.
- Preparation of ad hoc material and presentations for management when required.
Individual Attributes for Senior Trading Analyst:
- A degree in mathematics, finance, engineering or equivalent qualification preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of oil & products fundamentals and markets.
- At least 2 years' experience in a fundamental analytics role related to crude and/or refined products markets. Longer experience appreciated, also if in in other related roles like, but not limited to, other commodities analytics and/or trading assistant.
- Modelling experience (i.e. build and maintain complex refining models, develop queries, work with SQL, Python and Tableau).
- Fluent English required, additional languages would be advantageous.