Role Responsibilities for Senior Trading Analyst:
- Analysis of the light ends markets, identifying trends and providing regular assessments of on global commodity fundamentals and prices.
- Develop and maintain a flow of proactive information exchange with colleagues in the analytics team and the oil and products trading desks, providing support and analysis in real time.
- Suggest trading strategies based on timely and accurate market analysis and reports.
- Propose and discuss market analysis models with internal customers, lead their development and maintenance, make sure they are technically sound and provide consistent results.
- Define ways to improve tools to structure analysis, information provider selection, data gathering and management with the aim to optimise them in terms of quality, efficiency of results and costs.
- Write accurate and timely market analysis reports as requested by internal customers both on a regular and ad-hoc basis.
- Preparation of ad hoc material and presentations for management when required.
Individual Attributes for Senior Trading Analyst:
- A degree in mathematics, finance, engineering or equivalent qualification preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of oil & products fundamentals and markets.
- Minimum of 3 years analysing the physical gasoline markets.
- At least 5 years' experience in a fundamental analytics role related to crude and/or refined products markets. Longer experience appreciated, also if in in other related roles like, but not limited to, other commodities analytics and/or trading assistant.
- Modelling experience (i.e. build and maintain complex refining models, develop queries, work with SQL, Python and Tableau).
- Fluent English required, additional languages would be advantageous.