Area of responsibility
- Senior System Engineer for Windows Server, Storage and Virtualisation
- Operation, expansion and further development of the IT infrastructure in Switzerland
- Implementation of IT infrastructure-related requirements, solution finding in the area of requirement engineering as well as general coordination between business, the Swiss IT organisation and the IT specialist teams of the Group
- Collaboration and/or (partial) project management in implementations and rollouts
- Analysis and optimisation of IT processes, workflows and system environments
- Preparation of documentation, manuals and presentations for IT operations, the business and for decision-making bodies
- 3rd level incident and problem management, technical analysis and troubleshooting
- Administrative and technical support as well as deputising for the team leader
As a Senior System Engineer, you will work in a team of six and take responsibility for the maintenance and operation as well as for the further development and ongoing renewal of the infrastructure in two data centres and for the local infrastructure at the branches. The focus is on the analysis, preparation and implementation of requirements from Bank Switzerland and from the IT groups.
You can actively contribute your expertise in projects and rollouts, in ordinary change management tasks in the course of day-to-day business and communicate openly and directly at all times, working out future-oriented solutions in the team.
- Completed higher IT education or comparable education with relevant IT experience
- Broad, well-founded understanding of IT architectures, in the area of analysis and troubleshooting on current software platforms, as well as in requirements engineering
- Extensive knowledge and experience in the storage area (NetApp), in the virtualisation environment (ESX on UCS), in the Windows server environment, with Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop and in the area of Infrastructure as a Service with Microsoft Azure as well as container application platforms (Openshift), if applicable.
- Experience in automation with PowerShell and, if applicable, Ansible
- Planning and monitoring of processes and projects
- Very good written and spoken German and English skills
- Communicative, resilient personality with a lot of initiative and high social competence, pronounced team player
- Systematic, structured, methodical and independent way of working