Senior Desktop Support Engineer | Elite Investment Firm | Boston
One of the most prestigious investment firms in Boston has an opportunity for an exceptional Support Engineer to join their tightly-knit service desk team. This firm places a high degree of value on creating and nurturing a pleasant, energizing and stimulating work environment that attracts and retains the best talent and reflects their commitment to everyone at the firm.
The ideal candidate for this Senior Desktop Support Engineer opportunity is a passionate technologist that is intellectually curious and detail oriented. This role will deliver premium support and exceptional customer service to key business partners. Reporting to the Service Desk Manager, this role will also collaborate closely with peers on the Service Desk and other technology teams to ensure the best technology experience for internal customers.
- Responding to and resolving first and second level technology matters reported to the service desk while ensuring completeness and customer satisfaction.
- Provide exceptional, white-glove IT support to the firm.
- Accountable as part of a team for all installation, configuration and maintenance of user-facing technology, including desktops, laptops, mobile devices, desktop software, telephony and AV equipment.
- Focus on identifying trends and root causes and addressing those appropriately.
- Advocating on behalf of our customers to ensure technology changes have no unforeseen business impact.
- Communicate technical information effectively to both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Assisting with the planning and successful execution of projects and other deliverables with a focus on production stability.
- Prioritize user needs, while maintaining an appropriate cybersecurity and compliance posture.
- Participating in an on-call rotation with other members of the team to provide after-hours and weekend support to our customers.
- Bachelor's degree preferred with a minimum of 5 years' experience in service desk support or a similar role.
- Proven technical background with advanced knowledge of Microsoft products including Active Directory, Microsoft 365, SharePoint and Windows 10.
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with a good measure of ingenuity.
- Passion for technology and solving problems in a dynamic environment.
- Hands-on experience supporting mobile devices.
- Familiarity with Service Desk incident and request tracking software.
- General knowledge of various technology platforms, cybersecurity and application development.
Preferred Skills and Expertise:
- Experience directly supporting Investment Professionals, including traders and portfolio managers.
- The ability to work with both business and technically minded people to plan and execute against project timelines and deliverables.
- Ability to learn quickly.