This role is located in our Luxembourg office, will report to the Conducting Officer in charge of Risk Management, and will form a core part of the local team which includes a number of product, distribution, operations, risk and compliance professionals. The role will focus on the Luxembourg and Irish fund ranges and mandates and will offer the opportunity to be involved in corporate projects as well as local operations.
- Support in delivering an effective Risk Management framework, always with global alignment in mind, where possible, including VaR, leverage, liquidity risk, sustainability risk, counterparty risk, credit risk and market stress testing,
- Produce regular and ad hoc reporting to regulators, internal governance committees as well as clients,
- Monitor and prepare risk profiles and related thresholds,
- Maintain and develop clear and concise documentation on processes and methodologies as well as regular updates of policies and procedures,
- Identify enhancements to existing processes, and bring forward new ideas on how to advance further on risk management activities,
- Partner with stakeholders to support, maintain, and enhance the functionalities of the risk management tools,
- Build and maintain strong relationships within the Risk Management team globally, and with other teams locally and within the Group.
Must have skills
- Self-starter and pro-active, with the ability to challenge constructively and deliver positive outcomes,
- Good communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively at different levels or seniority to build and maintain relationships internally and externally,
- Good planning, organizational and prioritization skills, and ability to assist team members with this as necessary to meet tight deadlines and work in a pressurized environment,
- At least 5-7 years of experience in risk management and/or controls activity,
- Very good understanding of financial markets, different asset classes and risk management, with the ability to create a dialogue with the fund managers,
- Very good understanding of different risk measures, financial instruments and portfolio construction,
- Good knowledge of applicable UCITS and AIFM regulations (at both CSSF and EU level) and understanding of the local regulatory environment
- Good knowledge of Excel and Word required, knowledge of VBA / R / Python/ SQL would be helpful,
- Fluent written and spoken English required, other European languages an advantage,
- Ability to work with large data sets, producing metrics and other analytics for reporting and analysis is preferred,
- Willingness and ability to build, implement, document and maintain new processes, and analytical frameworks.