The mission of the Senior Risk manager is to provide support to the ManCo Risk Management Department with the supervision of Alternatives Investments funds that come under the management company's governance with a primary focus on Private Debt strategies.
- Perform Risk Management function for the AIFM, covering investment strategies such as (Private Debt, Distressed debt and Alternative Fund of Fund).
- Ensure close collaboration across business lines: the Investment Management Team, the Portfolio Management Oversight team the Valuation Team and the Legal team.
- Ensure the supervision of all types of Investment Risks (Credit Risk, Market Risk, Default Risk including Sustainability and ESG Risk)
- Provide Risk assessment and oversight through the Private debt life cycle:
- 1) Product Design including the asset allocation, Portfolio construction, deal structing, cash flow planning.
- 2) Implementation including Investment, operational and legal due diligence.
- 3) Ongoing controls including risk monitoring and risk reporting.
- Based on the results of the controls, provide the management committees, Risk committee and Valuation Committee with relevant conclusions to allow them to make recommendations and ensure proper oversight
- Ensure that Alternative investment Funds' risk management framework is compliant with regulatory requirements.
- Being part of the supervision of delegated functions (investment restrictions on AIFs : being able to give an opinion in the event of overshoots, reporting these overshoots and providing documented follow-up).
Key skills (technical, personal, managerial):
- Proven and strong knowledge in Financial Risk Management for Alternative funds
- Ideal Candidate will have experience working in Fixed income (Private Credit asset classes, additional experience welcomed such as commercial real estate, direct lending, infrastructure debt and other private debt structures)
- Good Knowledge in Investment Risk and quantitative financial models (Stress testing Models, Probability of Default Modelling, backtesting)
- Methodical in your work and able to structure your ideas clearly.
- An ability to identify, analyse and solve problems.
- Good understanding of different investment strategies.
- Solid knowledge of the investment fund industry and the rules applicable to management companies. (solid knowledge in AIFM regulations and SFDR Regulations)
Education/experience/language and it skills required:
- University degree and proven and relevant experience for the position.
- At least 5 to 7 years of experience in financial risk management (asset management and fund industry for private and /or alternative assets)
- Solid knowledge in AIFM regulation and SFDR
- Professional accreditations would be appreciated (CFA, CAIA,, FRM, CQF…etc.).