The world's largest independent pool and commercial management company within the tanker sector is currently expanding their research analytics team.
The private equity and debt markets are a strong focus for the business and they offer structured products that give investors access to project advisory, vessel management and/or ownership solutions, as well as direct involvement in the charter markets.
As a Group, they specialise in clean products, crude tankers, chemicals and offshore sectors - all areas where they have seen exponential growth in recent years - providing candidates with a strong platform for personal and career development.
Role Responsibilities for Senior Research Analyst:
- Use multiple sources of data to create original analysis and conclusions on the state of petroleum markets and the shipping industry.
- Analysing energy markets including the maintenance and development of models projecting supply/demand balances and pricing.
- Create/Update/Maintain presentations for prospective investors.
- Prepare reports for the Global Projects department.
- Compile monthly/quarterly vessel earning reports.
- Evaluate prospective pool vessels.
- Handling fleet PnL results.
- Assist in relationship maintenance by interacting with Investors/Ship-owners/Ship brokers.
- Create investment opportunity proposals.
- Follow Public Traded Shipping Companies and analyse earnings.
- Compile competitive benchmarks.
Individual Attributes for Senior Research Analyst:
- Minimum of 5 years experience within the petroleum markets gained either within a national oil company, trading house or consultancy.
- A numerically-focused degree would be preferred.
- Attention to detail, strong work ethic, and ability to interact directly with external stakeholders and pool partners in a professional manner are must haves.
- Ability to handle sharp deadlines and entrepreneurial spirit a strong plus.
- Experience with advanced data analysis and modelling.
- Someone who can adapt and evolve, with the ability and desire to work on a variety of projects.
- Ideally, experience of advanced data analysis and modelling.