Quantitative Researcher - Crypto
Overview: We are partnered with a rapidly expanding crypto fund in order to add experienced Quantitative Research talent to their team. This individual will join the quantitative trading teams where they will work directly on developing and backtesting new strategies in the digital asset/crypto space.
This person will be a key driver in the growth of the business and will be given the opportunity to work in an extremely collaborative, fast-paced environment where they are encouraged to pursue new ideas.
- Work alongside portfolio managers and senior researchers in order to execute all areas of the research process
- Leverage both traditional and alternative data to develop models to provide insights into market behaviors
- Research, backtest and implement new strategies in order to improve the sharpe ratio and returns of the firms crypto portfolio
- Utilize existing research infrastructure in order to further alpha research, execution and risk management
- Master's or Ph.D. from a top tier university in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or another related quantitative field
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Python, R, C++
- Familiarity/experience developing short term or intraday strategies, preferably in either the options, futures, or crypto space
- Experience working with large data sets in order to develop business critical insights
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex mathematical and financial concepts to a wide range of both technical and non-technical individuals
- 7+ years experience in a quantitative hedge fund and or/banking institution developing quantitative strategies