The Planning & Reporting department at my clients who are a large Energy business based in Essen acts as the central data hub for financial reporting and planning for the whole Group. In addition to being responsible for corporate planning and management reporting, they also oversee various special topics.
- You are responsible for the preparation of forecasts and planning for the whole Group and form the overarching interface to the controlling teams of the operating segments and the other finance departments within the business (in particular finance, taxes, accounting, and investor relations).
- The creation of well-founded analyses, recommendations, and top management reporting for the management board and supervisory board of the business as well as the support of capital market communication are central results of your work.
- You are responsible for the support and further development of a flexible planning model for the holistic modeling of P&L, cash flow, and balance sheet of the Group.
- With your deep understanding of macroeconomic interrelationships, you are a sparring partner for financial topics in the Group (e.g. questions about mapping issues in the income statement, cash flow, and balance sheet as well as the effect on important financial KPIs).
- You will manage the entire financial process for the Group, consisting of target specifications, planning, and performance measurement.
- In addition to the technical content, you will also take on process responsibility and support our system landscape (including continuous further development of our digital reporting platform)
- Part of your demanding area of responsibility also includes working on important projects and special topics with a focus on financial aspects (e.g. rating model/process, impairment tests, cash flow definition, bonus / LTIP, etc.).
- You have an above-average university degree in economics, engineering, business administration, or a comparable subject.
- You have sound business knowledge and a deep understanding of the interrelationships between income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements.
- Ideally, you have several years of professional experience in controlling or other finance functions.
- Your clear personal strengths include a very good understanding of numbers, strong analytical skills, and the ability to present complex issues.
- You are proactive, have organizational talent, are resilient, work independently and act independently with a high level of quality orientation.
- You are able to communicate with decision-makers at all management levels and can establish yourself as a competent contact person.
- Confident handling of all Microsoft Office products (especially Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Powerpoint).
- Fluent written and spoken German and English is required.