Senior Chemicals Trader, Location: Asia - Singapore
We are currently working with a Distributor who is looking for a Senior Chemicals Trader with experience in downstream chemical products to join the team. Ideal candidates should have at least 10 years of experience in the Chemicals industry. This offers the opportunity to work in an established company and to build a desk.
This role will offer an experienced Chemicals trader the opportunity to exercise your entrepreneurial ability to drive your own trading decisions and business forward in this expansionary role.
- Physical trading (Petrochemical Products)
- Developing and building new businesses
- Maintain a good P&L track record
- Prepare your own analysis and charts and perform your own market call to make money
- Daily monitoring of open trading positions to ensure risk management and credit limit exposures are in line with company's risk policies and procedures
- Add success and profitability - must have a profitable track record
- Develop analytical models to aid in the trading decisions
- Role will be based in Singapore or Dubai
- Must Speak English and ideally a second language
- At least 10 years of industry experience in petrochemicals or polymers trading (more experience welcome)
- Possess own naphtha trading book and ready to port over ideally
- Strong network with producers, suppliers and buyers
- Strong understanding of the global petrochemicals space
- SnD Analysis
- Able to do 3rd party trading
- Excellent entrepreneurial experience
- Extensive knowledge in logistics, distribution, handling and storage involved in trading
- Strong Numerical & Analytical Skills
- In depth knowledge of chemical products : IPA, Methanol, Styrene Monomer, Aromatics (BTX), Glycols (MEG/DEG/TEG),PA, PTA, Nylons, DOP, Synthetic Rubber, VAM
Candidates applying for the roles should be meticulous, hardworking, and initiative driven.
If the above role interests you directly, please send an application through for consideration.