A top-5 consumer bank is currently leading a significant hiring initiative to onboard experienced mortgage underwriters nationwide. The bank has significant market cap within the mortgage space and is expecting the LOB to grow expansively in 2021, so they're ideally looking to stabilize headcount before the new year.
This role can sit in any state across the US. The role will be full time remote and you will be reporting to the Head Mortgage Loan Officer based out of their Dallas office.
- Perform credit decisions and appraisal analysis on loan files within business service level agreements
- Review and analyze loan applications, credit reports, appraisals, income and asset documentation according to mortgage regulations
- Effectively communicate and explain credit decisions to loan officers and mortgage processors
- Maintain credit quality and production standards
- Provide effective communication and customer service to both internal staff and external customers
- 8-10 years of experience underwriting agency and non-agency Mortgage Insurance loans
- Knowledge of FNMA, FHLMC, and credit underwriting guidelines
- In-depth understanding of complicated transactions and tax return analysis
- Experience independently making credit decisions and providing underwriting support
- Strong communication skills