An industry-leading American Investment Bank is looking to hire a Senior Manager to join their Operational Risk Management team to help cover Technology Risk. This role will report up to the Director of Technology and Processing Risk, and be offered a platform for career growth on a lean team that covers a wide variety of emerging technologies.
This is a second line of defense function responsible with influencing and challenging operational risks associated with technology across all areas of the bank, such as Payments, Asset Servicing, Equities etc. This offers the exciting opportunity to work with Technology Risk as it continues to evolve and influence other areas of risk. Some responsibilities of the role include designing process improvements for identifying emerging technology risks, partnering with the business and reviewing and challenging new products and service proposals and creating governance frameworks for Technology Oversight for various aspects of the bank going through transformation.
This role can sit in New York, NY and has a base compensation of up to 180k to 200k with a discretionary bonus.
- Oversee and mitigate any risks associated with developing technologies and firm transformation initiatives
- Provide second line oversight on high visibility technology risk projects
- Interact with senior stakeholders and various business teams leaders for process improvement implementations
- Perform root cause analysis for various technology risks
- Effectively challenge first line partners
- 10+ years of Risk Management experience
- Deep knowledge of Operational Risk or Enterprise Risk core principles
- Strong communication and soft skills, along with the ability to communicate effectively with senior management
- Ability to stay up-to-date with emerging technologies and trends