Senior Manager Retail//Consumer Credit Risk Management
As Senior Manager, you will report into the Chief Credit Officer of Germany, Austria and CEE and will be a part of a highly motivated Credit Risk Management team responsible for driving acquisition, underwriting and customer management strategies for consumer card business in Germany and Austria.
- You will be responsible for managing the net loss provision by ensuring effective execution of strategies and policies for the consumer card businesses in Germany and Austria.
- This will require a good understanding drivers of the credit indicators for the consumer portfolio and the implications on trends/forecast and monitoring the true experience of customers in the market, diagnosing problems and identifying opportunities for improvement and then working with partners to implement.
- You will implement risk-driven strategies to profitably grow billed business and improve the customer experience in close collaboration with our central excellence teams that develop state of art decision science tools and risk capabilities.
- You will also work in close collaboration with business partners such as digital acquisition, engagement, business development, operations, compliance etc.
Given the strong business focus on digital, you'll be working at the forefront of digital innovation to realise new strategies that drive customer acquisition and engagement. This is both an exciting and rewarding role that offers a unique opportunity to gain experience across the risk life cycle and to interact with a wide range of business partners across all levels within the organization.
Key Skills and Competencies required:
- Advanced degree in business, finance, statistics, economics or mathematics or equivalent experience in similar business is preferred
- Deep understanding /experience of risk management principles, underwriting, credit analysis and modelling especially in unsecured consumer lending or in the payments industry
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with strong thought leadership and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Self-starter with an ability to work in a dynamic, fast changing environment, with a strong attention to detail, communicate effectively and work well in a cross-functional environment
- Strong programming skills (SAS and SQL as a minimum), experience with Big Data programming languages such as R, PYTHON a plus
- Fluency in English and German is required