An industry leading financial institution is looking to hire a Senior Internal Auditor to join their Capital Markets and Finance team. The team is a part of the third line of defense and is responsible for audits in securities trading desks, treasury and debt functions, middle and back office functions, market risk management, and end to end securitization processes.
This role will report to a Supervisor / Manager and work closely with the First and Second Line of Defense. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of audit experience in the capital markets space, strong communication skills and ability to work independently.
- Maintain, track and communicate status of assigned work to internal and external customers.
- Prepare audit procedures for review
- Identify and draft issues that are focused on root cause, drive closure of open identified observations, and effectively communicate results to relevant business partners.
- Perform and document work such as walkthroughs and controls testing in accordance with Internal Audit standards.
- Monitor management's remediation of identified issues and test the effectiveness of the remediation.
- 5+ years of Internal audit
- Capital market experience is preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Management Information Systems or related discipline is preferred
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a team
- Experienced building and maintaining internal relationships with senior stakeholders