Senior DevOps Engineer
Chicago - hybrid
I'm currently partnered with one of the top high frequency trading firms in the world looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join their Development Engineer Services Team.
This is a team of 7 that works on mid-level resources, they work on providing mission critical support for many of their software engineering teams.
What you'll do:
- Troubleshoot production system incidents and create artifacts for postmortems to ensure that similar failures in the future are avoided
- Develop automation to facilitate administrative tasks supporting the onboarding and maintenance various users and groups
- Test and automate upgrades of our applications to remain on our vendor's latest releases
- Constantly be improving our own logging, monitoring and alerting practices
What we're looking for:
- Experience coding in Python or shell scripting (e.g. bash) to automate rote system-level tasks
- Able to troubleshoot bugs in software written in a range of languages and contribute solutions
- Familiarity with git or other version control software
- Experience in C, python, golang, ruby, java
- Familiarity with continuous integration services like Concourse, Jenkins, Bamboo
- Comfortable with software build process using TeamCity or similar, able to dig into any code-base to diagnose and fix problems