What you'll do:
You'll structure credit solutions to meet customers' needs within the bank's risk appetite, while providing assurance of consistent and disciplined credit underwriting, with key risks identified.
As you develop into your role, you'll be driving, coaching, and mentoring colleagues and less experienced credit managers, while expanding your knowledge into the financial institution's sector covering a full suite of investment banking products.
It'll also be your responsibility to:
- Undertake quality risk assessments across a range of lending requests from customers, making balanced underwriting decisions
- Proactively identify appropriate lending capacity within the bank's risk appetite, taking account of counterparty and sector trends
- Clearly articulate lending decisions that include only relevant terms and conditions
- Make sure the needs of, and impact upon the customer are considered through all aspects of the risk assessment process allowing fair outcomes
- Work collaboratively to make sure the team delivers responses within agreed deadlines
The skills you'll need:
- University education with a Master's degree in Finance, Banking, Risk Management or similar roles.
- You'll need to be an experienced lender with sound analytical and technical credit skills, an understanding of LMA-style finance documentation, Master Agreements for derivatives, and good knowledge of financial markets and investment banking products.
- Western European Large Corporate Credit and Structured Finance (Leveraged Finance, Project Finance etc) should hold no mysteries.
- You're seasoned through the cycle with significant experience; preferably have restructuring/problem debt management experience
- You'll have strong commercial awareness, and the ability to shape complex deals to create fair customer outcomes and protect the bank's position.
- You'll ideally be familiar with Western European large corporate credit and structured finance as well as leveraged finance and project finance.
- Restructuring and problem debt management experience will also be beneficial, and you'll have held delegated credit approval in your previous role.
We'll also expect you to have:
- Significant Credit Risk Management experience in Banking
- You have held individual delegated credit approval authority
- Sound knowledge of the Large, mid-corporate and commercial segment, sectors, and lending as well as derivatives products
- A strong understanding of credit policy, economic, legal, regulatory, and where applicable specialist sector issues, along with underwriting processes and systems
- The ability to work well as part of a team with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organisation skills with the ability to prioritise and deliver to agreed service standards