I am currently working with a top consumer bank looking to onbaord a senior credit risk manager. This role will specifically focus on new deal pricing, proactive portfolio risk management, and development of vintage level estimates to support expansion in new lending segments.
This role is critical to help build a strong foundation for our non-modeled portfolios; own vintage loss forecasting for deal pricing with their retail partners.
Strong interpersonal skills are required to establish credibility to build strong relationships with business partners. This role is a great opportunity to establsh your imprint in the company.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Exercise strategic vision to identify and drive process optimization efforts
- Responsible for redeveloping and optimizing our Asset Quality reporting framework
- Independently generate analysis using quantitative and statistical skills
- Analyze and interpret large and complex data to identify issues, trends, and make strategic recommendations to both credit risk and business partners
- Own and manage the monitoring of existing processes to identify improvements that contribute to a more effective and efficient operating environment
- 4+ years of credit portfolio risk management in a large financial institution or regional bank
- 4+ years of quantitative analysis required, with ability to manipulate and analyze large amounts of data
- Ability to develop quantitative measurements/analysis to address multi-dimensional business needs
- Experience in validating and implementing credit risk models and strategies
- Proven hands-on experience utilizing SAS as well as open-source tools such as R and Python
- Experience with data visualization such as Tableau
- Ability to perform ad-hoc analysis, glean and form insights under aggressive timelines
- Ability to manage complex/ambiguity and multiple initiatives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that enable the candidate to build support from peers and senior management
- Excellent inter-personal skills to ensure effective working relationships with other functional teams within the company