Senior Credit Manager, Asset Financing & Leveraged Credit
Credit and risk management of the wholesale portfolio to ensure business objectives and to achieve high credit quality standards and early identification of problematic accounts so as to maximise profitability and minimise losses for the Bank.
There is a strong focus on enabling, protecting, and ensuring that business objectives are met while maintaining suitable regard for underwriting standards.
The role is broader than that of a traditional credit manager as there are expectations around involvement in non-transaction related activity such as stakeholder engagement, pipeline management/conversion, leadership and coaching, operational process improvements and Global Standards.
* The team is broadly responsible for the credit and risk management of the Bank's wholesale business for their respective functions/regions and are accountable for the implementation of the policies and procedures consistent with the group's Group Standards.
* The job responsibilities include recommending or approving a substantial proportion of credit applications from branches with competitive turnaround time. A large part of the job is to manage the credit review process and monitor the monthly overdue review positions while ensuring a high degree of self-awareness around commercial terms and the impact the team has on the overall customer experience.
* The role holder must be conversant with market practice and terms across a wide variety of industries.
* The job holder must be familiar with the regulations, particularly the ECB guidelines. Within this set of policies/frameworks, the jobholder is expected to exercise his authority on a commercial and compliant basis.
* As the jobholder is given a high degree of independence and flexibility to manage most aspects of the credit and risk-related business of the Bank they are required to exercise broad discretion and are often a reference point for risk-related matters with Business stakeholders.
* Whilst the job entails working within established credit principles and guidelines, the economic and market instabilities; the prevailing risk profiles of the corporates and the country in general, require the job holder to be forward-looking, adaptable and creative in meeting the needs of the business.
- Strong knowledge of the Bank's leveraged credit businesses, particularly in Europe
- Familiarity with the Regulatory frameworks relating to leveraged lending in Europe
- Practical experience - ideally 5 to 10+ years - in assessing Leveraged Credit and cashflow lending requests, and/or other types of structured transactions (Commercial Real Estate, Project Finance, Aviation, Shipping etc).
- Familiarity with transaction structuring and documentation terms and controls
- Understanding of the Bank's credit approval processes, ideally with prior credit approvals and CARM experience
- Understanding of the Bank's underwriting cap framework and LSUM platform
- Understanding of the Bank's portfolio reporting systems, ideally with DRR and PVD familiarity
- Proven stakeholder management skills in a dynamic and time-pressured environment