A successful candidate should be looking to implement as many low-level programming techniques in C/C++ as possible and the ideal candidate will also be able to offer some additional expertise in areas such as network programming, high-performance computing, Linux kernel development or FPGAs etc. Given that the focus of this role is on technology, the successful candidate does not necessarily need to come from an existing finance background but any previous trading experience in either an algorithmic/high-frequency environment would be beneficial.
- Design, develop and implement new components of a multi-asset high-frequency trading platform in C++ on Linux
- Work collaboratively with trading teams to improve trading logic and efficiency of strategy through technical implementation
- Showcase new ideas around additional areas such as network programming, high-performance computing, Linux kernel programming, hardware acceleration (FPGAs)
- Continue to help improve research tools
- Report into CTO on new developments and future ideas