Director Financial Crime Audit
A Tier One international Investment Bank located in New York City is seeking to add a Director to the Financial Crimes audit team. This person will be responsible for working with business lines and business leaders with embargo and sanction risk exposures. This team prides itself on having strong retention rates due to robust work/life balance programs such as work from home capabilities. They also offer strong internal mobility into the first and second lines of defense as well as other audit teams across the firm.
- Utilize audit experience to complete and lead various audit projects regarding sanctions and embargo
- Liaise with business leaders regarding solutions to internal control gaps and weaknesses
- Develop and plan audit scope, as well as organizing individuals across the organization
- Manage and mentor junior level staff within audit team
- Strategize with senior management regarding high-risk areas across the firm and lead solutions based on your findings
- Delegate and manage administrative tasks among team members while ensuring deadlines are met and urgent requests are handled appropriately
- 8+ years of experience within internal audit or external audit
- VP or Director level audit experience
- Knowledge of financial crimes space.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- CPA or CIA preferred but not required
- Willingness to coach and mentor others