A Top International Investment Bank is looking for a talented VP-level Market Risk Manager to join their growing team and cover both the Market Risk credit trading desk and Counterparty risk for the firm while reporting directly up to the Head of Market Risk!
This team is one that offers broad exposure from a traded risk perspective, with their market risk managers both working daily alongside the traders to review all risk and challenge risk taking activities related to their area of product coverage, while also working alongside in a collaborative function with the counterparty teams as well. From a day-to-day perspective this candidate will be responsible for being a senior member of the team and assisting the Head of Market Risk in managing all Market Risk for the Credit trading desk, with a focus on High Yield credit. The hire will also help to implement risk management frameworks and assess all risk appetite for the firm.
The bank is looking for candidates with around 5-10 years of risk management experience coming from a market risk, credit risk, or counterparty risk background. Prior collaboration with traders and senior management is required in order to be able to carry out the daily tasks of ensuring no limit breaches and escalating all risk to senior management. A strong understanding of derivatives trading, credit products, and market risk as a whole is required, along with excellent communication skills.
- Managing all market risk across the Credit trading and Counterparty desks
- Review and challenging all risk-taking activities
- Ensuring no limit breaches on the trade floor and escalating all breaches to senior management
- Working alongside the traders on all risk exposures
- Providing mentorship to junior members of the team while assisting the Head of Market Risk in the growth of this function
- 5-10 years of experience in risk management experience (market, credit, or counterparty risk)
- Strong understanding of credit products (High Yield, etc.) and derivatives trading
- Ability to work alongside the traders and senior management
- Strong understanding of all risk management concepts