An Alternative Investment Firm with over $7B in total AUM is hiring a Risk Manager to join the team in New York. You'll be an essential part of the deal lifecycle, advising the investment committee and deal team on risk scoring of new investment ideas.
The firm provides bespoke debt, equity, and production-linked financing solutions to metals and mining operations around the globe, and this individual will serve as the lead risk manager for this project finance side of the business.
This Risk Manager will also cover portfolio construction and portfolio management of the existing investments, updating senior management on investment performance, market and credit risks, and liquidity and cash balance monitoring.
The firm also runs a $1 Billion actively managed long/short hedge fund - this Risk Manager will have some Market and Counterparty Risk coverage on the hedge fund side of the business, including onboarding new trading counterparties.
- Perform risk-aware research on prospective investment opportunities
- Advise the deal team on combined financing solutions that maximize potential risk-adjusted returns
- Develop and enhance financial models and metal/mineral price forecasting models and tools to support the investment process
- Calculate the firm's proprietary transaction risk score for new investment ideas and present it to the investment committee
- 5+ years of market, credit, or counterparty risk experience
- Strong knowledge within commodities space; metals and mining focus preferred
- MBA/MFE/MA/MS in Finance or a Quantitative discipline
- Proficiency in Excel/VBA coding
- Familiarity with: Bloomberg, PowerBI, Crystal Ball, Openlink Endur