Summary: A Global Quantitative and Systematic Hedge Fund in London are currently looking for a Risk Analyst This Multi-start hedge fund operates in all liquid asset classes globally and given their state of the art platform and scientific approach to investing, they are able to solve the most complex challenges in trading and continuously deliver high quality returns for their investors.
The firm heavily values risk and is determined to develop and revolutionary risk platform to give them a competitive edge. The risk team is very front office facing, working closely with investment professionals and will have direct influence in the investment process and capital allocation.
- Responsible managing the day-to-day operations across the risk function incl. Validating margin methodologies, limits setting, Reports/investor reports and analysis of fund performance.
- Provide detailed coverage and ad hoc analysis across all asset classes.
- Expected to liaise with Investor Relations, Compliance, Treasury, Finance and PMs, acting on any requests and issues faced across the funds.
- Extend and enhance the firms risk analysis framework to handle new strategies, new products and new asset classes.
- Building tools to monitor performance, correlations, factors, and exposures across the group
- Provide insight regarding drivers of risk movements to senior management and portfolio managers.
- Provide optimization techniques with the intention of increasing risk-adjusted returns
- Masters in Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Engineering or an equivalent in other science disciplines.
- 5 years' min. experience working within a buy-side Risk position.
- Strong Coding and analytical skills in Python, R, VBA or SQL for scripting, modelling and implementation purposes.
- Strong experience covering Vol, Fixed Income or Commodities - Multi-asset background highly desirable.
- Experience working alongside PMs, Quants, Finance and senior management
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to interact effectively with researchers, technologists, PMs, and senior managers