A top multi-manager Hedge Fund is looking to hire a Risk Analyst to report directly to the CRO. The fund currently manages more than $15B in total assets, and is currently growing across the front office, quants, and risk as they expand their Global OTC Vanilla and Structured Product practice.
The risk team is a front office-facing function that directly supports the investment team. In this role, you will work on the trade floor, provide desk support to the portfolio managers, use technical skills to improve risk/return, and will contribute to Risk/Investment Committee meetings. The fund is looking to speak with candidates with 2-4 years of experience, strong technical skills, interest in the markets, and the desire to join a firm for the long term. They are open to considering candidates from the buy side, sell side, and from the vendors.
- Work directly on the trade floor and help portfolio managers understand their risk-taking abilities
- Conduct risk analysis and develop risk analytics to be implemented across a diverse array of complex investment strategies
- Actively monitor potential investment risk exposures across a number of portfolios
- Run daily OTC/FX and other risk calculations (VaR, Scenario Analysis, Stress-testing, etc.)
- Contribute to the build out of their new state of the art risk system
- Support the risk committee with analytics and market reports
- 2-4 years of experience in financial services
- Undergraduate degree at a minimum but advanced degree preferred
- Strong analytical skills and proficiency with SQL/Tableau/Python
- Experience working with traders/front office
- Knowledge of fixed income derivatives is preferred