Role Responsibilities for Refinery Analyst:
- Forecast available refinery capacity through the analysis of historic data and current influencing factors.
- Provide the relevant information to all other functions involved.
- Lead refinery analysis pertaining to planned/unplanned refinery shutdowns.
- Refinery margin modelling for CDU and downstream units as well as pricing of refined products swaps.
- Understand and forecast key refinery product outputs.
- Conduct price forecasts and equity evaluations.
- Develop and maintain analytic tools.
- Monitor the oil & refined products markets on a daily basis.
- Understand and forecast yield shifts for products due to margin variations.
Individual Attributes for Refinery Analyst:
- Extensive knowledge of refinery economics.
- A degree in Chemical/Petroleum Engineering or equivalent is preferred.
- A minimum of 2 year's experience in crude oil and refined products market analysis or operations.
- Proficient with quantitative data analysis techniques.
- Encouraging and supportive of new ideas.
- Skilled with price forecasting, equity evaluations and portfolio optimisation.
- Experience using any of R, Python, MATLAB, SQL, VBA or Excel is essential.
- Fluency in English. Additional languages would be advantageous.