Our client uses advanced quantitative techniques and cutting-edge technological tools to generate impactful insights that drive superior investment outcomes. They are a team of high performing Data Scientists, Software Developers, and asset-specific Strats that work closely with each of their investment departments to drive high-impact innovations to enhance cross-asset investment capability, business agility and efficiency.
They are looking a Quant Strategist to drive business value and ideation through data-driven insights.
* Build insights into portfolio drivers and performance through the application of analytics and data visualization techniques, as well as translate ideas and discussions into a process/product to aid portfolio and investment decision-making.
* Monitor and enhance existing reports which assess the exposure and performance of active strategies, and effectively communicate the state of portfolios to senior investment teams and CIOs.
* Participate in team portfolio discussions on investment ideas, portfolio decisions and execution - guide in bridging the technical and investment spaces.
* Partner with technologists and researchers to constantly improve processes, focusing on increasing efficiency and construct new investment implementation process.
* Coordinate cross-functional efforts with relevant teams to develop as well as proliferate new tools for data-driven insights within the department.
* Source and evaluate new datasets as part of our data mosaic, as well as build new capabilities for investment idea generation.
* Work with a variety of datasets derived from fundamental, market and alternative sources, to construct company and competition/industry level insights.
* Understand fundamental investment research, explore and evolve the methods and best practices to more rapidly develop breakthrough insights.
* Ingest updated market data along with investment team view, applies portfolio construction logic, risk controls, and client specific constraints to construct ideal portfolios.
* A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Engineering/Applied Mathematics/Computer Science subjects with exposure to financial markets.
* Relevant experience in portfolio management or portfolio risk and performance analysis - and understand how alpha is generated along the fundamental investment process.
* Strong understanding of a typical investment process - idea generation/screening, portfolio construction, risk management, - encompassing optimization theory, quantitative techniques, and general statistics.
* Proficient in working with a variety of datasets and aggregating/combining them.
* Experience in data retrieval, analytics and visualization for financial data as well as unstructured datasets
* An understanding of optimization routines for portfolio construction would be valuable.
* Familiarity with financial platforms (e.g. Factset, Axioma) and access to databases (e.g. Refinitiv) will be a plus.
* Proficient with SQL, R and Python programming, as well as data visualization tools e.g. Tableau.
* Logical and practical - strong interest in solving complex problems, and deconstructing them into principles.
* Ability to work effectively in a highly collaborative, team-oriented environment.
* Effective written and verbal communications skills, particularly in explaining technical concepts to a broad audience.
Why you should join them?
You'll be given various assignments and a high level of responsibility right from the start. Respecting diverse perspectives allows us to develop innovative solutions that provide us with a leading-edge. We'll invest in providing the necessary training and development to set you up for success, regardless of your industry background. You'll learn from the best minds to explore and exploit new and existing technology to support our strategic and operational business needs. You'll also have the autonomy to take charge of your career and make a meaningful impact.