A very established multi-strategy hedge fund managing roughly $6.5B in total assets is looking to hire a quantitative risk analyst to help support their investment teams. From a high level, they have an emphasis on quantitative strategies and focus on mostly on equities, crypto, futures and options across asset classes, have operated for over 40 years and are headquartered in NYC.
This will be its first quantitative risk analyst hire which will report directly to the Deputy CIO. This individual will be accountable for risk analytics and risk modeling but will also be involved in research projects and will provide direct support to the front office. The ideal candidate will have 2-5 years of experience, excellent quantitative skills, coding skills in python, and deep interest in the financial markets.
- Build out and maintain risk models to be used by the front office
- Implement and design risk dashboards to visualize trading activity
- Work with the deputy CIO to establish key risk metrics
- Work on research projects using Python and R focused on improving portfolio construction, investment behavior and asset allocation
- Work on ad hoc projects from the portfolio management and client services team
- 2+ years of experience in a quantitative role
- Have knowledge of Python and R
- A background in financial models
- A strong communication and detail-oriented mindset