Quant analyst/Quant developer
Our client, a SG based global asset manager with more than $250B AUM, is expanding a new systematic trading solutions team. They're looking for strong quant developers or analyst to work on their data infrastructure.
- Develop, maintain, and ensure robust data infrastructure and related processes for use by the Global Beta Solutions team, working closely with the quants, IT, Enterprise Data and vendors, adhering to internal policies and regulatory requirements.
- Increase the productivity and workflow robustness of Beta Solutions team by identifying, automating and streamlining the manually intensive operations.
- Source, clean, store and analyse data internally and from external vendors as required
- Maintain strong documentation and guides for the benefit of team members and for audit requirements.
- Support portfolio managers in developing and enhancing index strategies and beta solutions
- Looking for a highly motivated, mid-career professional with 3-8 years experience who possesses the initiative and wide array of skills and industry knowledge necessary to accomplish the variety of tasks associated with the role.
- Excellent communication skills are expected as is the ability to operate at a high level in a non-political manner.
- Success is measured by the ability to build, maintain and support a robust data infrastructure ultimately helping the Beta Solutions team meet its day-to-day challenges.
EXPERIENCE / SKILLS
- Or above in a Computer Science or a quantitative discipline such as Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or Statistics
- At least 2 years of experience in the financial industry. Relevant experience within an asset management or hedge fund environment a plus.
- Knowledge of database design, networking protocols and data structures
- Experience with design, create and maintain databases and stored procedures. Organize, maintain and integrate a range of data feeds from multiple channels in different formats
- Good working knowledge of SQL and Python required. Knowledge of R/ C#/ Perl a plus.
- Working knowledge of SQL Server and database management tools, APIs for financial information systems (e.g. Factset, Refinitiv) a plus
- Familiarity with Aladdin system, modules and data a plus
- Understanding of investment management principles and financial concepts.
- Knowledge of systematic factor-based investment strategies and risk models (e.g. Axioma) a plus
- Familiar with best practices in change management, release management, and incident management.
- Object-oriented design skills with knowledge of design patterns and object modelling for building business logic, analytics and data processing applications.
- Working knowledge of machine learning and data visualization techniques a plus.