Python Software Engineer
Company Summary: A top tier proprietary trading firm is looking for an exceptional Software Engineer to join a newly created team responsible for designing and developing tools and infrastructure used by Traders and Quantitative Researchers. In this role, you will be collaborating with people across the firm to provide cutting-edge technology solutions that expand our existing trading platform, all while promoting software engineering best practices. You will be presented with an opportunity to work on high profile projects that have an impact across the organization.
The Software Engineer will be responsible for:
- Manage the day-to-day technology requirements of our proprietary trading systems.
- Accelerate trading and research analysis workflows by utilizing and expanding on the company's in-house infrastructure and improve productivity
- Evaluate new technologies and identify/deprecate legacy code to improve on the current technological stack
- Write performance sensitive code and user-friendly APIs to facilitate access to our in-house data analysis infrastructure
The Software Engineer should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related Engineering discipline
- 3+ years of experience building demanding, live systems in Python
- Solid understanding of data structures
- Knowledge of CI software, such as TeamCity or Jenkins
- Familiarity with Linux
- Generous PTO
- Great 401k matching
- Generous Medical/ Dental/ Vision benefits