A technology-driven quantitative-based trading firm is seeking an Automation Production Engineer to come to join their team in NY. They are seeking engineers who have an out-of-the-box mindset to develop solutions, automate processes for the team's production trading, and don't mind supporting their own code. This is an extremely rewarding career-advancing opportunity because you will be able to see the impact you are having instantaneously. If you are interested in learning more about the opportunity than don't hesitate to apply or reach out!
As an Automated Production Engineer, you'll be responsible for the following:
- Taking ownership of mission-critical systems by developing new tools for the teams trading infrastructure and improving on the existing Python and C++ infrastructure.
- Working on your own proprietary trading algorithms that will help the team's trading.
- Ensuring that all production servers are updated by having an out-of-the-box mindset with debugging and designing solutions.
- Automating every single process.
What will make you qualified:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or an equivalent related field
- 2+ years of Python programming and professional experience working within a Unix-based operating system
- Prior experience of debugging, managing, and supporting infrastructure.
- Working experience with C++
- Preferred: Experience working in the trading industry or financial services.
- Overall, being a deeply curious intellectual individual striving to advance their career technical and professionally.