We are currently representing a specialist merchant banking firm focusing on global private markets. The have traditionally worked with investors, families, investment platforms and entrepreneurs globally and have recently launched their Asset Management Business, focused on Investing in Private Equity.
They are looking to add an Individual to their Investment Team here in London.
- Business development, including meeting with potential clients and marketing the business to them.
- Investor Relations, making sure that current clients are happy with the service provided.
- Fund and Co-Investments: sourcing, screening, due diligence, and subscription / execution
- Proactively getting in touch with fund managers globally
- Leading and / or attending fund manager meetings and writing detailed notes
- Managing investment pipeline and keeping it up to date
- Writing due diligence reports
- Managing subscription and execution process
- Monitoring of the listed private equity portfolio: keeping up to date with portfolio announcements, checking in with brokers, monitoring exposures, managing the portfolio tracker, researching potential new listed PE investments, assessing sale opportunities where / when / if appropriate, reporting to the client
- Helping to manage the Investment Team.
The Ideal Candidate
- BA/BS in Business, Finance, Economics or Accounting, or equivalent relevant experience
- 10-15 years' relevant experience working in an investment team making PE investments in funds
- Ideally experience with a family office, fund-of-funds or PE fund
- Ideally will have Private Equity Fund / Co-Investment
- Keen interest in ESG and Impact Investing
- Ideally a CFA Charterholder
- Focus on Lower-Mid Market and Growth Investments - minority stakes
- Proven ability to represent firm in written and interpersonal communications
- Excellent Verbal and Written skills - attention to detail
- Strong, demonstrable analytical capabilities, including strong quantitative/modelling skills
- Developed investment judgement with demonstrable understanding of risk/reward trade-offs
- Flexibility - all professionals are expected to perform multiple functions as the firm continues to grow and develop
- Smart but Humble and be mature, should be willing to go the extra mile