The largest independently run, not-for-profit, R&D company (over $11B in managed revenue), is looking for a Principal FPGA Engineer to join their impactful company. The firm's mission is simple - create science and engineering innovations for the betterment of society.
Principal FPGA Engineer Responsibilities:
- Leading development of complex RF/microwave systems & 5G systems facilitated by FPGA technology, to provide multi-disciplinary engineering solutions.
- Provide technical leadership, SME and individual execution within engineering projects requiring design/prototype/analysis/testing/integration of FPGA firmware/software.
- Provide technical leadership and be a mentor to train Junior & mid-level engineers.
- Conduct experiments and testing in both a laboratory and field environment
MUST HAVE REQS:
- Ability to obtain/maintain a government security clearance (must be a Sole US citizen)
- Bachelor's/Master's/PhD in Electrical Engineering or related field
- 8-15+ years of professional experience
Technical Expertise & Competencies:
- FPGA development for communications and Digital Signal Processing (DSP) applications
- Implementing EBS & DF functionality of an FPGA
- Writing FPGA firmware (VHDL and Verilog)
- Software Development (C or C++)
- Testing using standardEE & RF/microwave equipment
- [vector network analyzers, power meters, oscilloscopes, etc.]
- FPGA development for 3GPP compliant remote radio heads or radio units (O-RAN standards)
Additional Qualifications are a plus:
- Hands-on experience with Xilinx RFSoC or equivalent
- Use and/or design of FPGA-based Software Defined Radio (SDR) platform
If you are interested in the Principal FPGA Engineer role, please apply ASAP!