One of the largest international energy companies in the world is searching for an experienced professional to step in as Power & Gas Structuring and Pricing Manager based out of their Houston, Texas location. The company operates roughly 22.5 GW of generation capacity in Europe with a growing footprint in North America. In North America, the company owns 30 billion cubic feet of natural gas storage leases. The company's North American focus is targeted on the midstream energy trading and supply market, with operations that enhance the flow of energy from power generators to consumers. The energy company provides electricity, natural gas, energy storage services, and an array of environmental products that make fuel and power markets more climate friendly. The company also sources US natural gas for liquefaction and export to LNG markets worldwide.
The Quantitative Methods Team (subsection of Risk) is searching for a Power & Gas Structuring and Pricing Manager. The team has a strong commercial focus and leverages best modeling practices to deliver quantitative recommendations and analytics to a wide range of business stakeholders. You would be tasked with providing quantitative support to front and middle office with respect to new structured transactions regarding valuation, risk management, and optimization of trading portfolios.
- Accompany transactions from origination to approval, deal capture, and support when necessary
- Provide deal team and the rest of the organization with unique and independent perspective on risks and returns embedded in complex transactions
- Develop new models and analytic tools
- Work with Origination, Trading and Risk to price structured transactions. Ex: Variable wind offtakes, HRCOs, Revenue Puts, Tolls, Batteries, Gas Storage's, etc.
- Provide commercial and risk functions with risk metrics, optimization tools, and analytically advise on complex hedging and valuation
- Advanced degree in STEM or finance/economics
- Proven track record of applying financial engineering/stochastic calculus/ML in a commercial setting
- Excellent understanding of Risk methods like VaR, Credit-VaR
- Above average coding skills (Python plus one major PL like C++, C#, Java)
- Interest in Data Science, reinforcement learning and stochastic control topics in finance as well as the application of new cloud-based technologies like MLOps are considered a plus
- 3-5 year's experience in market risk analyst position