Leading life insurance firm based in New York is seeking a Director or Senior Director to join Operational Risk Management. The individual will be responsible for risk activities within the first line of defense. They will be expected to deliver strategic solutions to solve complex risk issues affecting the firm and drive a cohesive risk culture.
Major facets of the role include delivering detailed risk & risk self-assessments for insurance, operational, business, and financial risks as well as reporting on daily risk metrics. Other initiatives include implementing a governance risk and compliance (GRC) tool and updating risk dashboards. They will work with the second line of defense to develop and implement policies, procedures, and controls across the organization.
- 10+ years experience in risk management, preferably in operational risk or business risk
- Expertise in life insurance products (whole life, term life, universal life, group life, individual life)
- Preferred certifications include FLMI, FRM, PRM, or CERA
- Superior communication skills
- Strong technical, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work across business lines and work independantly as well as part of a broader team